At Amlec, we are committed to acting ethically in all aspects of our business, and to maintaining the highest standards of honesty and integrity in all our dealings. We respect National Law & Legislation, and follow Industry Codes of Conduct to ensure we are compliant in all that we do.
We expect and require all our business partners and suppliers to have the same commitment to ethical behavior and encourage you to follow our guide as below:-
- We recognize our obligations to all who have a stake in our success including share-holders, clients, staff & suppliers.
- We commit to clearly communicate information about our business accurately and in a nondiscriminatory manner, and in accordance with local regulations.
- We select and promote our people on the basis of their qualifications and merit, without discrimination or concern for race, religion, national origin, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or disability.
- We believe that a workplace should be safe and civilized. We will not tolerate sexual harassment, discrimination or offensive behavior of any kind, which includes the persistent demeaning of individuals through words or actions, the display or distribution of offensive material, or the use or possession of weapons on our, our suppliers’, or our clients’ premises.
- We will not tolerate the use, possession or distribution of illegal drugs – or our people reporting to work under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- We will treat all information relating to Amlec’s business, or to it’s clients businesses as confidential. In particular, ‘insider trading’ is expressly prohibited, and confidential information must not be used for personal gain.
- We are committed to protecting consumer, client and employee data in accordance with National Legislation & Industry Codes.
- We will not knowingly create work which contains statements, suggestions or images offensive to general public decency, and will give appropriate consideration to the impact of our work on minority segments of the population, whether that minority be by race, religion, national origin, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or disability.
- We will not undertake work, which is intended or designed to mislead – including in relation to social, environmental and human rights issues.
- We will consider the potential for clients or work to damage Amlec’s reputation prior to taking them on. This includes reputational damage from association with clients that participate in activities that contribute to the abuse of human rights.
- We will not for personal or family gain, directly or indirectly engage in any activity, which competes with our company objectives and obligations.
- We will not give, offer or accept bribes, whether in cash or otherwise, to or from any third party, including but not restricted to government officials, clients and brokers, or their representatives. We will collectively ensure that all staff understand this policy through training, communication, and by example.
- We will not offer any items of personal incentives to secure business. This is not intended to prohibit appropriate entertainment – or the making of occasional gifts of minor value, unless the client has a policy which restricts this.
- We will not accept for our personal benefit, goods or services of more than nominal value from suppliers, potential suppliers or other third parties.
- We will not have any personal or family conflicts of interest within our business or with our suppliers or other third parties with whom we do business.
- No corporate contributions of any kind, including the provision of services or materials for less than the market value, may be made to politicians, political parties, or action committees, without the prior written approval of the Amlec board.
- We will continue to strive to make a positive contribution to society and the environment by: maintaining high standards of marketing ethics, respecting human rights, respecting the environment, supporting community organisations, supporting employee development, and managing significant corporate responsibility risks in our supply chain.
This is our Code of Conduct, and we are proud to continuously monitor that we, our staff, associates and suppliers adhere to it and strive for best practice in all that we do.